Saturday, August 9, 2008

Hi Hi

Fueled by a late afternoon nap and a rare dose of caffeine, here I am, at 3am, finally starting my very own blog.

So, let's start with the bad news...

Current letdowns:
1) So You Think You Can Dance Season 4 is over. This show is one of my very favorites! I'm so sad it's over for the year. I must say I am very surprised at the results. I was really expecting Katee to win, so I was astounded when she was eliminated second of the final four. I'm so glad they decided to invent a $50,000 prize for the "first place girl," so that she didn't go home empty-handed. The whole season was pretty amazing and I was way excited to see dancers from previous years return for the final performance.

And now the good news...
Current excitement:
1) Ashley and Mason are coming to visit next week!
2) Seussical the Musical today.
3) Dashboard Confessional concert October 11.

4) Our Book of Mormon musical is finally complete (thanks to Kelsey's gargantuan editing efforts). It is great! For one of our Family Home Evening activities we were assigned to make a video of a Book of Mormon story. Our group (me, Kelsey, Krystal, Julia, and Dana) decided to do it about Abish. She is one of the very few women in the Book of Mormon and her story is pretty cool (see Alma 19). We took some creative license and filled out the two or three verses where she is mentioned into an amazing musical interpretation (also starring Rusty as King Lamoni and Sam as Ammon). The premiere is scheduled for August 11 and advanced screenings are already drawing rave reviews from critics. Stay tuned for the Internet World Premiere of Becoming Abish!


1 comment:

Jenn said...

I want to see your musical :)
-jenn