Friday, October 24, 2008

The Seam Ripper Is My Best Friend

The last two weeks have been all about my Halloween costume. I haven't done laundry or watched a netflix or even slept very much. Now it is almost done. Krystal's mom is finishing it for me, thank goodness because I was about to implode. But I'm starting to worry because she is swearing at the sewing machine!


Since I saw Wicked in LA in March I have been planning to be Elphaba (the Wicked Witch of the West) for Halloween. I even bought some amazing witch shoes to wear. Then a few weeks ago I decided that I probably shouldn't be the Wicked Witch. Although Elphaba isn't quite as wicked as The Wizard of Oz portrays her, I just thought I wanted to do something less dark...plus when I was looking at black fabric my eyes kept wandering down the aisle toward all the pretty, colorful material. So once Kelsey announced that she was being Elphaba I decided to be Glinda!



Not this Glinda...



...this Glinda!!! (Megan Hilty)



The funny thing is that Kelsey would be a perfect Glinda. She has the blonde hair and the big blue eyes. All the time I have been planning to be Elphaba, I have been trying to convince her to be Glinda the Good, Officially! But now our roles have reversed and she is Kelsaba for real. Her costume is quite amazing and mine is quite beautiful thanks the Sis. Hill. Yay!

2 comments:

Alissa said...

Can't wait to see pics of you in your costume!!!! How fun! I love Halloween!

Jenn said...

I love Glinda and Elphaba as well .. I want to see Wicked so bad !!