Monday, November 3, 2008

Thanksgiving

I'm totally plagiarizing Ashley's idea to write something I'm thankful for every day this month. Yay for Thanksgiving and yay for giving thanks. When I'm looking for things to be grateful for I'm so much happier because I'm not wasting time complaining.

November 1st I'm thankful for all the ways the internet allows me to keep in touch with friends and family. Facebook, myspace, blogging, email...although they can be very time-absorbing, they are also a great way to stay involved in the lives of people I love who are far away. Or even those I see more often, I get a different perspective on the way they see the world.

November 2nd I'm thankful for my reliable little car. We've been together 5 years and counting. We've seen some sights out there on the road and we're still going strong.

November 3rd I'm thankful for soup. Since the weather has cooled down a bit, I've been eating bucketloads of soup. Mmm, I need to ask my mom to make some of her famous clam chowder.

November 4th It's almost the 4th and I know what I'm going to be thankful for tomorrow. I'm thankful to be a citizen of these United States. I'm so blessed to live in a country where people with all different lifestyles, values, and beliefs are able to make their voices heard. Of course, I wish more people would see things the way I do, but I know that the founders of our country had the right idea when they established this democratic republic. I hope people will educate themselves on the issues and make informed decisions as they vote in this historic election.

No comments: