Monday, December 29, 2008

Good Gracious Gratitude

So I'm a little behind on my blogging . . . . First let me finish November.

November 23rd I'm thankful for the Relief Society. It's great to have an hour set aside every Sunday to spend with all the girls. There is a special spirit that dwells there. The women of the Church have so much good in them. We can do amazing things when we work together.

November 24th I'm thankful for a living prophet. I know that Thomas S. Monson is God's prophet on the earth today. He receives revelation for the whole Church and the world.
The First Presidency. From the left President Eyring, President Monson (the prophet), and President Uchtdorf.


November 25th
I'm thankful for hoodies. They are fun to wear, cuddly, and comfortable.

November 26th I'm thankful for Thanksgiving. I love that we have a special day set aside for eating, spending time with family and most importantly, giving thanks.

November 27th I'm thankful for Disneyland! It's an amazing, fun, family-friendly place. I was there on Thanksgiving Day with Kelsey and Adam. The lucky turkey that was pardoned by President Bush is now a resident of Disneyland. He had his own parade down Main Street with Mickey and Minnie in their pilgrim garb. I love pilgrim Mickey!
You can kind of see Pumpkin Pie (that's the turkey's name) toward the front of his weird fish bowl, right behind the yellow flowers.


November 28th I'm thankful for ducks. I just realized recently how much I love birds. Strange that I never realized it before. Owls, ducks, and sparrows are probably my favorites. I also love cardinals and peacocks.
My sister Ashley is kind of terrified of birds. That's why I love this picture of her--classic! It took a lot of guts for her to let that duck eat out of her hand. You're my hero, Ashley. (Taken last November at Roaring Camp)


This little guy let me feed him Nutter Butter's while we were waiting in line at Pixie Hollow to meet Tinker Bell and her other fairy friends. I got sick with a really bad cold the next day. I told Adam and Kelsey that the duck gave me bird flu, haha.


Tink is tiny! (or I'm huge. I guess I didn't wait in line long enough to shrink all the way down to fairy size)

November 29th
I'm thankful for Christmas lights. At the time of year when the world is darkest, we light up the night to remind us of the Savior, the light of the world.

I absolutely love Sleeping Beauty's castle lit up for Christmastime.



November 30th I'm thankful for the ocean. I love living in California, so close to the beach. Whenever Krystal and I go, we shout "It's the Pacific Ocean!" as soon as we see it. I tried this when I went to Santa Monica Pier with Kelsey and Adam . . . it just wasn't the same.
Northern California beaches are pretty cold, but it's awesome that we can drive a few miles down the coast and find people playing in the water in November.

Me and Kelsey at Santa Monica Pier. Malibu is right up the coast behind us.



And that completes my November of gratitude.
"Mercies and blessings come in different forms--sometimes as hard things. Yet the Lord said, 'Thou shalt thank the Lord thy God in all things' (D&C 59:7). All things means just that: good things, difficult things--not just some things. He has commanded us to be grateful because He knows being grateful will make us happy. This is another evidence of His love."
Bonnie D. Parkin "Gratitude: A Path to Happiness," Ensign, May 2007, 35

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Looks like a fun trip! The castle is BEAUTIFUL!!!