Saturday, April 11, 2009
Caller 13
My mom has an uncanny talent for winning radio contests. Last week when I was taking her to the airport at 6am, we were listening to KAT Country 103 and heard the dialing sounds that mean it's time to call in to win something. So Mom calls (she has the number memorized), gets through on her first try, and wins! What the?! I have tried so many times to win stuff on the radio.
And this is not the first time she has done it. I remember multiple times through the years that she has won stuff on the radio. The funny part is that she didn't even know what she was winning. It turns out it was a "win it before you can buy it" weekend, so she won the new Rascal Flatts CD that was released on Tuesday. The whole winning before you can buy thing didn't do her much good since she was on her way to Portland. AND when I asked her if I could have the CD she said NO! Even though I had to get up at 530am to drive her to the airport in my car using my gas and she was listening to my radio. But I'm over it. I got my own copy at Walmart for $9.95, so there!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
LOL! Love you!! And thanks for the ride to the airport! .....did you want some gas $$...
Post a Comment