Sunday, August 23, 2009

Summer Supreme

It's definitely been a supreme summer. My trip to Europe was amazing, exhausting, unforgettable, expensive, and I can't believe it's all over. I will definitely be going back. . . someday. There were so many things I enjoyed, but I really love, love, loved Paris and London. Pompeii was fascinating and Switzerland was beautiful.

When I got home, I got really sick but as soon as I was feeling better we had our statewide YSA conference. Over 11,000 young single adults all over California gathered at our 7 temples for workshops, a service project, food, mingling and a dance. On Sunday we had sacrament meeting, relief society/priesthood and a fireside broadcast with an address by Elder Perry and his wife. The theme of the conference was "No More Strangers," so leading up to the conference we had several goals including contacting less actives and inviting them back to church and to the conference, performing temple ordinances, and being good citizens by registering to vote. The goal for the state was 10,000 ordinances and we far exceeded that with over 75,000! The conference was a huge success and I had a good time. It was the first time the church has ever done anything like this and I felt really united with the other YSAs of California. It was cool to think that we were all gathered all over the state and doing the same things at the same time.

This last week Mom and I met up with the Brauns in Disneyland! We drove down on Monday and went that evening. Then Ashley, Todd and the boys showed up Tuesday afternoon just in time for the Pixar Play Parade. It had been cancelled when we were there last year and this was their only chance to see it this trip. Mom and I saved seats right in front. This was the first time Mason had ever seen a parade and he wasn't really sure what was going on. He was so stoked to see Lightning McQueen he didn't even know how to react. Mason was big enough to go on most of the roller coasters this year. He loved Space Mountain but hated Tower of Terror. He said he didn't like the "flashing people." I think his favorite of all was Peter Pan. He's way into pirates right now and all he wanted for a souvenir was a light up sword. When we rode Pirates of the Caribbean I told him I was going to sell Porter to the pirates for a chest of treasure. He did not like that idea at all. Before the Brauns arrived Mom and I took it slow. My Grandma Monica loved the Tiki Room so we went there and had a delicious Dole Whip. We also visited Pixie Hollow and met Tinkerbell and her friend Iridessa. And, of course, lots of shopping. I was really glad we went. This is probably the last time I will get to go with my annual pass. I think my favorite thing was finally meeting Donald Duck!

The Tiki Room!



Mom on the double-decker bus. She was flirting with our cute driver during our ride down Main Street.

Our fun faces

Mason plotting our next move.
Now it's on to Portland! Sometime this week I'll be packing up my little car and heading north. It will be a big change for me but I'm excited to live in Oregon. I will miss California and all my friends and family here, but the Great Northwest is calling and I'm finallly answering.

3 comments:

Alissa said...

I'd say that is definitely a supreme summer, summer to the max, A summer filled with pure awesomeness!!!! What adventures you've been on!!! Sounds fantastic! Good luck on your move to Oregon. I'm sure CA will miss you:)

Anonymous said...

woo hoo! good luck on your move!!

Shauna said...

I was NOT flirting with the driver!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!