So I've been thinking lately that maybe my blog should have more direction. Maybe I should write about the books I read or my spiritual growth (or lack therof) or a specific hobby but I just can't decide. So, for now, here's a few things I've been thinking about.
Things I Dislike:
lying in bed trying to fall asleep. i will intentionally stay awake as long as i can just so i will fall asleep as soon as my head hits the pillow. this is part of the reason why i am such a night person. i've heard that lying in bed for 15 minutes before falling asleep is pretty normal if someone is on a regular sleep schedule. i prefer 5 minutes or less. i will sometimes read in bed until i can hardly keep my eyes open but i'm not really one of those people who just falls asleep while i'm watching a movie or reading. i consciously pause the movie or mark the page before i allow myself to fall asleep. as much as i love it, sleep and i have a very tenuous relationship.
Books
Since I graduated college I haven't really made an effort to read books with any weight. Mostly just fun and entertaining fluff. So this year I want to get myself somewhat back on track and maybe read some books that will help expand my mind. I'd love some suggestions from my faithful readers, as well.
Some Books I Want to Read in 2010:
In Defense of Food
The Count of Monte Cristo
Anna Karenina
Les Miserables
Jesus the Christ
Catch-22
A Tale of Two Cities
War and Peace
A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius
1 comment:
I love that 6 of those books are also on my list to read.
Post a Comment