Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Life Update

I'm back in Tracy. Portland didn't work out as well as I had hoped. I really enjoyed it there, especially being able to spend so much time with my sister and her family. I loved being able to watch my baby nephew Porter develop and learn. It is a precious thing to be known and trusted by such a young life. Mason is always a gem. He makes life interesting and I see the world fresh through his eyes. Ashley and Todd are amazing for putting me up. I learned a lot from both of them about marriage, parenting, and general awesomeness. I can never thank you enough! I could go on and on about how great Oregon is but when it comes down to it, my heart belongs to California.

So here I am. Already installed back in the Yosemite YSA Ward with a calling as Sunday Activities/Fireside Committee Co-Chair (is that the longest calling title ever?). I missed my friends and ward more than I realized and I am so glad to be back.

Here is what I am feeling about giving up on the Northwest:
I didn't give it my best shot so I am feeling somewhat lame about that but at the time I felt like it was where I was supposed to be and I learned a lot being there and I never would have been satisfied until I did it so I'm glad I did and I feel like I'm where I'm supposed to be now so it all worked out OK . . . I guess.

Now I just need to find a new job here . . . .

3 comments:

Ashley said...

we will miss you already!! it was fun having you here

Ashley said...

And you need to go to bed ealier missy. That post was well after the holy ghost goes to bed!!!!!
love ya sis-in-law

Erin said...

yay! we're glad you're back :)