Saturday, April 10, 2010

Happy Birthday Christopher Ender Carrabba



If you know only 1 thing about me, I hope it is that I know the Church is true. I have a testimony of The Plan that is super important to me and affects every aspect of how I live my life.
But if you only know 2 things about me, the second would probably that I am pretty much obsessed (I hesitate to use this word because I don't think it's quite accurate but will have to do for now) with Dashboard Confessional. And today is lead singer Chris Carrabba's birthday. Here's a fun, short interview to celebrate.
http://cornershopstudios.com/archives/12037

And one of my favorite memories of Chris: Krystal and I have met him a few times, but most recently in December 2009. I got to ask him about his middle name, which is quite unusual. The only time I've ever heard Ender as a name is in one of my favorite books Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card. So I asked him if he was named after the book and he said no because he was born before the book was published (I knew this but I also knew that there was a short serial version of Ender's Game that was published before the book so I thought there might be a slight possibility that he was named after Orson Scott Card's Ender). It turns out he is named after his grandmother's grandfather. Super cool, right? A family name. Then he said that he had read the books because of his name and that they were all good and that I should read them. And so I shall, Chris (the ones I haven't already read, anyway). I highly recommend Ender's Game and Ender's Shadow. Read them. But don't take my word for it . . . take Chris Carrabba's.

1 comment:

Dana said...

Oh gosh, he's adorable.